22 October 2016

Week 2016-43

"Wisdom oft times consists of knowing what to do next." (Herbert Hoover)

"The wisdom of others remains dull till it is writ over with our own blood. We are essentially apart from the world; it bursts into our consciousness only when it sinks its teeth and nails into us." (Eric Hoffer)

"There is a difference between happiness and wisdom: he that thinks himself the happiest man is really so; but he that thinks himself the wisest is generally the greatest fool." (Francis Bacon)

"Wisdom is one thing, to know how to make true judgment, how all things are steered through all things."(Heraclitus)

"I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude." (Bruce Lee)

"The most exciting happiness is the happiness generated by forces beyond your control." (Ogden Nash)

"We love in others what we lack ourselves, and would be everything but what we are." (Richard Henry Stoddard)

"I'm not a master, I'm a student-master, meaning that I have the knowledge of a master and the expertise of a master, but I'm still learning, So I'm a student-master. I don't believe in the word master, I consider the master as such when they close the casket." (Bruce Lee)

"The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway.” (Henry Boye)

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." (Ronald E. Osborn)

"Only passions, great passions can elevate the soul to great things." (Denis Diderot)

No comments: